Accessibility - Our property is very old and is built on many different levels all accessed via steps. Sadly it has proven unsuitable to those who have less mobility. Parking is in the Courtyard at the front of the house which is concreted. There is parking near to the steps leading to the Front Door. The Front Door is accessed from the courtyard/ parking area up 5, much wider than normal, steps which are Stone and Concrete, there are not any handrails, a level gravel path followed by one more step onto the porch. The ground floor rooms are all hard tiled surfaces with rugs in the Reception and Guest Lounge. All Bedrooms are on the first floor which is accessed up one flight of, slightly steeper than normal, stairs which are carpeted, (13 steps) there is a hand rail to the right and a solid wall to the left when going up. The landing and bedrooms are all carpeted. One Superior Bedroom has 1 step down into it. Ensuite Shower Rooms all have either a tiled floor or Lino. All walk-in Showers have 1 step up to them, one Superior Room has a Stepover into a bathtub to access the shower, there are no handrails in the showers, we do have a shower chair that may be used. The Breakfast Room is Down Stairs off of the Guest Lounge, there is a ½ step up into the Guest Lounge. All Guest Toilet Facilities are in the bedrooms, there are no additional facilities on the ground floor.
Allergies Please let us know in advance if you have allergies to food or cleaning products or have special dietary requirements. We are more than happy to accommodate specific dietary requirements, but do need a little bit more notice. Please be aware that all foods are prepared in a kitchen that handles nuts.
Breakfast is a continental style hamper provided in your room - please be aware that from the 1st October 2019 we will no longer be offering cooked breakfasts in the dining room.
Children over the age of 12 years are welcome. We are not able to accommodate babies or children under 12 years.
Check In time is from 4pm until 9:30pm, please let us know your expected arrival time so that we can meet you at the house. If you require an earlier arrival time to drop bags/ change to attend a function, please do let us know in advance and we will try to have your room ready for you - BUT we can never guarantee a room for checkin before 4pm.
Pets - sorry, at the moment, we cannot accommodate your pets. We have Labrador Dogs in the house, Barn Cats, free ranging Hens, Ducks, Geese & Pheasant, a Horse on our land and Dairy Cattle and Sheep on the adjoining fields .
Terms & Conditions
- Bookings- Can be made online or by telephone, we require all bookings to be guaranteed by a credit or debit card which will be charged in accordance with your booking policy and prior to arrival. All bookings, as a minimum, must have Guest Name, Bookers Name if different, a mobile contact number for the guest, Email Address for confirmation & Credit or Debit Card details.
- Cancellation - Room Only Pre-payment Bookings are paid in advance and non-refundable. B&B Tariff Bookings may be modified or cancelled without charge up to 5 days prior to the day of arrival, after this time the full amount falls due.
- Hen & Stag Groups are not accepted by online booking - please contact direct.
- Excessive Drunken Behaviour will not be tolerated and you will be asked to leave immediately without any refund.
- Payment can be accepted by Bank Transfer, Credit or Debit Card or Cash on Arrival (for guests who have stayed with us before) - please remember your booking is held as 'confirmed' only until payment in full has been received.
- Non-Arrival - payment is due in full for the stay that has been booked with us and unfortunately we are unable to refund any monies paid.
- Damages & lost keys have to be paid for - this includes the following, but is not an exhaustive list: staining to the bedlinen, towels & carpets; being sick in room; broken mirrors and windows; lost room keys; misappropriated bedlinen, towels, bedroom furniture, iron, hairdryer, glass bottles, glasses, cups provided for use in the bedroom;